Thursday, September 23, 2010

Toledo & Plans!

A lot has happened since my last entry and I don't think I'm going to be able to write about everything that went on simply because I have no free time and I'm a little lazy.

TOLEDO
Last weekend Danielle, Erin, and I went to Toledo! We arrived at the Atoche Renfe train station in Madrid thinking that 30 minutes would be enough time to buy tickets and find the train. Oh no, I'm beginning to figure out that it's better to expect everything to take a long time and be unnecessarily complicated. Well, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if we bought our tickets online.

We arrived in Toledo around 6ish, found Hotel Imperio, dropped off our stuff and then began exploring. After shopping, taking pictures, and eating ice cream (yum), we met up with some girls in our program for dinner. It was nice to be with some native speakers. The way they can just communicate with everyone is envious. I really need to be fluent now. Dinner wasn't bad and the wine was delicious! After we finished dinner, the seven of us went out to a small bar, don't know the name, and had mojitos. It was a much older crowd in the bar but we got to practice our Spanish a little bit.

Toledo is such a cute town and I definitely would like to go back once more before I go home. I'm a big fan of the jewelry :)

CLASS
The ILP is practically over! I take two finals tomorrow and I'm done! After the finals we get to drink with our professors in the cafeteria too. I love Spain. In America it would definitely be inappropriate to get crunk with our professors, but here it's an event! I really want to get a picture with my favorite professor, Antonio. He made fun of me and called me out during class all the time, but I know he loves me. He was substituting the other day and called me out for having a lentil face? I guess that means I looked expressionless (it's a phrase here)? But before I figured out what he said, I definitely turned to Danielle and said, "...Did he just ask me if I like lentil soup and if it's expensive?" The miscommunication that goes on between the spaniards and me can really lead to some hilarious situations.


PLANS!
Next week Danielle, Erin and I are going to Brussels and Brugges! Can't wait to see the capital of Europe and eat some waffles. Then the second week in October I'm going to visit Whitney in Rome and Megan in Siena! AND THEN, Courtney is coming to Madrid and we are going to AMSTERDAM for Halloween weekend! Too much excitement headed my way.

Oh yes, and I have finals tomorrow and a lease to sign tonight. So I really don't have any more time to write. Hope the next entry is better!